TECHNOLOGY AND ECONOMICS OF TRANSPORTING AND STORING LNG
An overview presents the technology involved in the various phases of LNG transportation from well head to user. The economic cost of each step in the process is presented to show why decisions are made. The impending energy crisis with natural gas in short supply requires trade-offs in cost considerations. This is further unbalanced by the newness of LNG transportation into many areas and environmental considerations concerning its handling and storage.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers345 East 47th Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- Johnson, P C
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic factors; Economics; Energy resources; Environmental protection; Hazardous materials; Intermodal terminals; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Safety; Ship operations; Tankers; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker operations; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00046174
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1976 12:00AM