Toward a Culture of Traffic Safety
This issue features four articles examining the topic of traffic safety culture. The articles overall present a synthesis of some of the key findings from "Improving Traffic Safety Culture in the United States: The Journey Forward", a 2007 report from the American Automobile Association (AAA) Foundation. The first article defines and examines the topic of traffic safety culture. The second article offers suggestions as to how the culture can be changed. The role of speed is discussed in the third article. The fourth article presents interviews with two California policymakers.
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: v.p.
- Traffic Safety Center Online Newsletter
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Awareness; Highway safety; Public participation; Raised road markings; Rumble strips; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic speed
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 01142725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: BTRIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 2009 2:56PM