AN INTRODUCTION TO DESIGN FOR FERROCEMENT VESSELS
Much has been written about the merits of Ferro-cement as a small vessel hull material. This report attempts to separate fact from fancy to enable the potential designer of Ferro-cement vessels to realistically predict the performance of a Ferro-cement hull. In addition to a basic statement on design philosophy and criteria, the report contains some of the detail associated with the design of a 53 foot fishing vessel for Newfoundland waters. This report must be considered preliminary. As new advances are made in the technology of Ferro-cement it is likely to become rapidly obsolete unless continually brought up-to-date.
- Publication is one in the Project Report Series.
Environment CanadaIndustrial Development Branch
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Bigg, G W
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Ferrocement; Hulls; Pleasure craft; Shipbuilding; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Small craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Ferro concrete; Hull construction
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00046151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Environment Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: #52
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM