St Pancras station: Victorian 'cathedral of the railways'

Completed in October 1868, St Pancras station was among the last of London's rail termini to be constructed. The superstructure inspired the designers of other railway termini being planned at the time, including those in New York, Glasgow, Manchester and Paris. This paper describes the construction of the terminus and the adjacent Midland Grand Hotel, together with their decline and recent regeneration so as to again become the 'cathedral of the railways'

Language

  • English

Media Info

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 01141197
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: TRL
  • Files: ITRD
  • Created Date: Sep 30 2009 9:09AM