ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION STUDY. VOLUME 4
This report presents a Regional Plan for the improvement of transportation services to the region's elderly and handicapped persons. The Greater Bridgeport Region includes the City of Bridgeport and the towns of Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull. The plan can be implemented over a 5-year period and specifies: management actions that can be carried out to improve the coordination of currently provided services; financing actions that can provide additional funds for both capital and operating costs required by the provision of improved services; operational actions that can make the provision of existing and improved services more efficient and cost effective; regulatory actions that can eliminate barriers to the improved coordination or consolidation of services; and public relations actions that can be taken to make existing transportation services known to a broader base of elderly and handicapped persons and that can lead to the identification of persons needing transportation services. /Author/
- Sponsored by Urban Mass Transportation, Connecticut Department of Transportation, Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, Greater Bridgeport Transit District and Greater Bridgeport Regional Planning Agency, Contract No. TSH-321 IT-09-0089 D 1236256.
Greater Bridgeport Transit District525 Water Street
Bridgeport, CT USA 06604
- Pshyk, F U
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- Greater Bridgeport Regional Planning Agency
- Publisher: Greater Bridgeport Transit District
- TRT Terms: Aged; Consolidations; Coordination; Highway planning; Needs assessment; Public relations; Recommendations; Regulations; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Special service
- Subject Areas: Law; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197154
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: TSH-321
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM