ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION STUDY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION FUNDING CATALOGUE
This catalogue is designed to serve as a reference for public transportation or "special transportation" funding sources. State administered financial and technical aid programs are described, and a number of local tax revenue sources that can be used for public transportation financing are reviewed by analyzing local tax enabling legistation. Federal funding sources are described, and federal programs are listed and described by department or agency and brief excerpts are provided for each funding program. Local tax revenue and other financial resources that can be used to provide local matching funds for state and federal programs are described. The catalogue also describes how certain programs can be consolidated for joint funding as well as funding sources that may be currently unused in the Greater Bridgeport Region. A table is provided which gives a brief summary of Federal Public Transportation Funding Sources. The table indicates whether funds can be used for financing operating costs, capital costs or labor costs, who is eligible under the funding program, and what types are eligible for funding.
- Performed under contract No. TSH-321 IT-09-0089 D126256.
Greater Bridgeport Transit District525 Water Street
Bridgeport, CT United States 06604
- Pshyk, F U
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- Greater Bridgeport Regional Planning Agency
- Volume: 2
- Publisher: Greater Bridgeport Transit District
- TRT Terms: Aged; Capital; Costs; Finance; Labor costs; Operating costs; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Revenues; Taxation; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations
- Old TRIS Terms: Special purpose
- Subject Areas: Finance; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00197111
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1981 12:00AM