Subtitle: On the eve of Moscow's biennial MAKS air show, Russian aviation stands on the brink of a revival. United Aircraft, established to oversee industry, is pushing aircraft programmes, Russian Helicopters is consolidating rotorcraft production, and the space sector is re-energised. We examine the results of the shake-up. United stance : a new giant is set to dominate Russia's aerospace industry. Can it cope with domestic reform and still challenge the West? / Kieran Daly. -- Boeing and EADS firm up Russia connections / Kieran Daly. -- Rotary revolution : Russian is renowned around the world for heavy helicopters. Now it is aiming to catch up in the light/medium market / Kieran Daly. -- Defying gravity : a fresh vision is energising Russia's space programme after years of stagnation that followed the end of the Soviet Union / Rob Coppinger.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 2009-8-11
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 28-37 : ill.
- Flight International
- Volume: 176
- Issue Number: 5201
- Publisher: Reed Business Information, Limited
- ISSN: 0015-3710
- Accession Number: 01140337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Sep 18 2009 8:05AM