THE APPLICATION OF FERRO-CEMENT TO PLANING HULL RIVER PATROL BOATS
Two ferro-cement planing hull riverine craft (one waterjet/diesel and one outboard propelled) capable of speeds of 25 knots were constructed. They were built by service personnel in Viet Nam and are capable of attaining performance sufficient for combat operations. The results clearly indicate that F-C design and construction techniques exist for high performance boat applications not previously considered feasible.
- Presented at meeting of Chesapeake Section of SNAME, May 16, 1973.
Naval Ship Systems CommandDepartment of the Navy
Washington, DC USA 20360
- Duff, K M
- Peoples, J R
- Publication Date: 1973-5-16
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Ferrocement; Hulls; Hydroplanes; Pleasure craft; Shipbuilding; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Small craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull construction
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00046132
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 18 1973 12:00AM