Proceedings of the Workshop on Traffic Modeling: Traffic Behavior and Simulation
Approximately 50 traffic modelers, software developers and model users met in Graz, Austria, June 30 – July 2, 2008, to: (1) review the current states of the art and practice in traffic modeling; (2) assess future needs for traffic models and their applications; and (3) identify directions for further research and model development. To meet the objectives of the three-day workshop, the program included several invited and contributed talks discussing the current state of the art and practice and new research results. The conference covered the following topics: (1) driver behavior modeling: lane changing and merging; (2) driver behavior modeling: route choice in traffic assignment theories for traffic flow models; (3) data collection, calibration and validation of models; (4) modeling safety and environmental considerations; (5) modeling non-motorized transport; and (6) modeling vehicle to infrastructure factors.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Proceedings of the Workshop on Traffic Modeling: Traffic Behavior and Simulation
- Location: Graz , Austria
- Date: 2008-6-30 to 2008-7-2
- Publication Date: 2008
- Media Type: CD-ROM
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Maps; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Data collection; Lane changing; Merging traffic; Route choice; Traffic assignment; Traffic flow; Traffic forecasting; Traffic models; Traffic simulation; Travel behavior
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 01139767
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 11 2009 11:52AM