THE PROPOSED BERTHING OF THE STEAMSHIP MAYO LYKES AT THE USCG FIRE TEST FACILITY AT LITTLE SAND ISLAND IN MOBILE BAY, MOBILE, ALABAMA
Berthing is proposed of a 460' cargo ship, the MAYO LYKES, at the USCG fire test facility on Little Sand Island in Mobile Bay to be used as a fire and safety testing platform. Fire testing would be performed to improve fire extinguishment techniques and methods at sea. Small amounts of air pollutants would be released during the fire tests. Means will be provided to prevent water pollution by fire test fuel and extinguishing agents.
- Supersedes report dated Feb 73, EIS-AL-73-0186-D. Final environmental impact statement.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Cargo ships; Environmental impact statements; Facilities; Fire extinguishers; Fire extinguishing agents; Fire fighting equipment; Fire prevention; Fires; Flammability tests; Protection; Safety; Safety equipment
- Identifier Terms: Mayo Lykes (Ship); United States Coast Guard
- Geographic Terms: Alabama; Little Sands Island (Alabama); Mobile Bay
- Old TRIS Terms: Eis; Fire testing; Fire testing facilities; Platforms
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00046123
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM