THE NEW ATOMIC PLANT OF THE ICEBREAKER LENIN
Tests of the new nuclear power plant have confirmed all the characteristics established in its design and have demonstrated its stable and reliable operation at all regimes. All the steam-generating equipment functioned trouble-free in ice conditions and under other difficult Arctic conditions. The overall automatic and remote control and monitoring system of the steam-generating plant operated satisfactorly and assured the operation of the nuclear and technical installation. On the whole, the new SGP has excellent maneuvering characteristics, is reliable in operation and convenient for servicing, and has better economic indicators. The nuclear-powered icebreaker LENIN with its new steam-generating plant is already into its third year of operation. During that time, it has sailed many thousands of miles, most of them through ice, and has accomplished the missions assigned to it.
- Trans. of Morskoi Flot (USSR) n6 p42-45 1972.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC USA
- Mintenkov, F
- Movshevich, Z
- Pologikh, B
- Sledzyuk, A
- Khlopkin, N
- Publication Date: 1973-2-16
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling; Electric power plants; Icebreakers; Nuclear powered icebreakers; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Performance; Pressurization; Reviews; Translations
- Identifier Terms: Lenin (Ship)
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation; Power plant performance; Reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046117
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3398
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM