THE CALCULATION OF STRESSES IN WHEELSETS DUE TO INTERFERENCE FITTING BETWEEN WHEEL AND AXLE
A procedure is set out for the determination of the interface forces, the deflections and stresses caused in wheel-sets by the interference between wheel and axle. The NEWPAC structural analysis program is used with a special purpose program, run on an IBM 370/145, which evaluates the forces at the wheel-axle contact surface, taking into account the friction forces at the surface. The details given here supersede those given in EMMA 24 (issue 1).
- Write in care of A.H. Wickens, Director of Laboratories.
British Railways BoardResearch Department Computing Group
Derby DE2 8UP, England
- Strover, E M
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Computer programs; Railroad cars; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel axle interference
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046085
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: EMMA 42 Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1976 12:00AM