IMPENDING EUROPEAN STANDARDS FOR VEHICLES USED TO TRANSPORT PERISHABLE FOODS
Indications are that, by February 28, 1972, vehicles transporting perishable foods between countries in Europe will have to comply with certain performance, test, certification, and marking requirements. The requirements are set forth in a document developed by the Economic Commission for Europe entitled "Draft Agreement on the International Carriage of Perishable Foodstuffs and on the Special Equipment to be Used for Such Carriage (ATP)." This report gives a synopsis of the draft Agreement. The Agreement specifies performance, test, certification, and marking requirements for railroad cars, trucks, trailers, semitrailers, containers, and tanks used to transport perishable foodstuffs from one country to another, including sea crossings of less than 150 kilometers.
Department of AgricultureAgricultural Research Service
Hyattsville, MD United States 20782
- Guilfoy Jr, R F
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; International trade; Perishables; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic commission for europe
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00046080
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Agriculture
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARS 52-59
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM