EVALUATION OF SIGNAL/CONTROL SYSTEM EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY. TASK 2: STATUS OF PRESENT SIGNAL/CONTROL EQUIPMENT
The report presents the status of present signal/control equipment in service on passenger rail routes in the United States and in foreign countries. It also provides an evaluation comparison of the features of signal and control Systems currently used by selected domestic and foreign major operating railroad/transit systems. The report was developed from a literature review, visits to domestic and foreign railroads, discussions with railroad signal engineers, transportation personnel and from data gathered from domestic and foreign railroad/transit systems.
- Prepared in cooperation with Dyer (Thomas K.), Inc., Lexington, MA., and Kentron International, Inc., Dallas, TX. See also Task 1, PB-296 494.
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Taylor, S F
- Marshall, J F
- Schultz, C M
- Whalen, R B
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Evaluation; Railroad signals; Railroads; Systems analysis; Technology assessment; Traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00199131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/39.2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-773-4236
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 2002 12:00AM