AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 1: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This volume presents a summary of the work accomplished under the AGT Guideway and Station Technology Project. The summary reflects the work reported in the other seven volumes of this final report and includes the following topics: (1) weather protection review; (2) guideway and station review; (3) design guidelines; (4) evaluation models; (5) dynamic model; (6) guideway and station concepts; and (7) weather protection concepts. The volume also includes a brief introduction and a statement of the overall results of the project. Potential savings of up to 20 percent over the costs associated with existing AGT systems are identified. The summary provides a description of the state-of-the-art as evidenced by existing guideways, stations, and weather protection methods; models and guidelines to assist planners and designers of AGT systems; and approaches that will reduce the cost of guideways, stations, and weather protection.
- Prepared in cooperation with ABAM Engineers, Inc., Tacoma, WA. See also Volume 2, PB-281632.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 141 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Construction; Costs; Design; Dynamic loads; Environmental engineering; Guidelines; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Passenger terminals; Passenger vehicles; Railroad stations; State of the art; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Design criteria; Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Guideway design; Mechanical guides; Station design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00199122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0152-79-8Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1980 12:00AM