VEHICLE LONGITUDINAL CONTROL AND RELIABILITY PROJECT. VOLUME 4. RELIABILITY ENHANCEMENT ANALYSIS AND DESIGN TEST REPORT
The Vehicle Longitudinal Control and Reliability (VLCR) Program is a part of the Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) Technology Program that provides for reliability improvement to be considered a separate task. A summary of reliability enhancement techniques is a part of this task; it is intended to provide a comprehensive body of reliability enhancement information applicable to AGT systems. It is also a step in accomplishing the enhancement of the specific control systems that are being considered in the enhancement of the four generic control system designs. This document is the final report of the Reliability Enhancement Studies for the VLCR Project. It contains the results of the literature search, the development of reliability enhancement techniques, AGT component enhancement, the use of redundancy, enhanced AGT design, and a detailed implementation of selected VLC systems. In this report, techniques for enhancement are listed in terms of their applicability of a system's hardware tier level, beginning with those that are applicable to the component level, to the subsystem level, and to the systems level. The documents annotated in Appendix I (Annotated Bibliography of Applicable Reliability Documents) represent only those which have information directly applicable to the VLCR project. The objective of this Reliability Enhancement Task is to develop techniques to enhance the reliability of VLC systems, and it includes an extensive survey of reliability enhancement techniques previously employed by U.S. Government and Industry programs.
- See also report dated Feb 79, PB-297129, Volume 3, Part A, PB-298766, and PB-299526.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO United States 80010
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Womack, W C
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 321 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Computer programs; Design; Intelligent transportation systems; Maintenance management; Mathematical models; Passenger vehicles; Rapid transit; Reliability; Spare parts; Vehicle spacing
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automatic control systems; Longitudinal stability; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00199118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS/TTD/VLCR-069 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-9
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1982 12:00AM