AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 7: GUIDEWAY AND STATION CONCEPTS
The objective of the project is to develop guideway, station and weather protection concepts which will reduce the cost and implementation time associated with AGT systems. The purpose of this report is to present concepts for AGT guideways and stations which will minimize overall costs and implementation time. The concepts presented fall into four areas: guideways, stations, power distribution, and contracting methods. The guideway concepts work includes a discussion of various materials and construction techniques and assesses their applicability to AGT. Selected existing AGT guideway designs are examined and modified to reduce costs. Power distribution concepts and costs compare AC and DC power, single versus multi-point incoming service, and basic versus dual-redundant substations. Four baseline station concepts are developed and costed, and sensitivity variations of these concepts are examined. A selected number of the developed guideway and station concepts are evaluated and illustrated through photomontages and models. Fifteen alternative contracting methods for guideways and stations are developed and evaluated.
- See also Volume 2, PB-281632. Prepared in cooperation with ABAM Engineers, Inc., Tacoma, WA.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
ABAM Engineers, Incorporated33301 Ninth Avenue, South
Federal Way, WA United States 98003-6395
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 418 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Building materials; Construction; Construction management; Construction projects; Contract administration; Costs; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Capitalized costs; Guideway design; Mechanical guides; Rapid transit railways; Station design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Energy; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00199111
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0152-79-6Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1982 12:00AM