AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 6: DYNAMIC MODEL
This document is one of an eight-volume final report associated with the AGT Guideway and Station Technology Project. The project is part of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Automated Guideway Transit Technology Program. The objective of the project is to develop guideway, station, and weather protection concepts which will reduce the cost and implementation time associated with AGT systems as well as to improve performance. The research is intended to aid planners, designers, administrators, and others as they consider AGT systems and their potential application to satisfy transportation needs in urban areas. This study is limited in scope to AGT systems consisting of rubber-tired, automatically laterally and longitudinally controlled vehicles operating on at-grade and elevated guideway structures. This volume complements Volume 4: Design Guidelines, and focuses upon guideway dynamics and includes consideration of vehicle/guideway interactions in terms of vehicle ride quality and guideway surface profiles at the Fairlane system in Dearborn, Michigan and the Morgantown system in Morgantown, West Virginia. Data reviewed for all AGT systems and measured directly on these two systems include vertical, lateral, and longitudinal motions as well as limited data on roll, pitch, and yaw. The ride quality was determined in terms of accelerations measured at the front, center, and rear of the vehicles along vertical, lateral, and longitudinal axes. The guideway surface profiles were measured with a dual stylus profilometer. The measured ride quality data are compared with results for the AIRTRANS system at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport and with results for other modes including automobiles, buses, and trains. The report concludes that the model ride quality predictions agree reasonably well with the data measured at Morgantown and Dearborn.
- See also Vol. 2, PB-281632. Prepared in cooperation with ABAM Engineers, Inc., Tacoma, WA.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
ABAM Engineers, Incorporated33301 Ninth Avenue, South
Federal Way, WA USA 98003-6395
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Stilletto, J G
- Wormley, D N
- Hedrick, J K
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Dynamic loads; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Passenger vehicles; Railroad stations; State of the art; Structural design; Suspension systems; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction; Lateral pressure
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Guideway design; Mechanical guides; Station design
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00199097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0152-79-5Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1980 12:00AM