GUIDELINES FOR ASSESSING THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF PUBLIC MASS TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS. NOTEBOOKS 1-5
The report is designed to assist people responsible for the environmental assessment of public mass transportation projects with an emphasis on major fixed guideway investments. Under each of nineteen principal components of environment, the nature of impact is defined; presently available methods for impact projection are described; data needs are summarized; and measures to mitigate adverse impact are examined. General principles applicable to the environmental assessment process are discussed. An extensive bibliography is furnished.
- See also report dated Apr 79, PB-299 696. Prepared in cooperation with Daniel, Mann, Johnson and Mendenhall, and Hammer, Siler, George Associates.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
Asst Secretary for Policy & International AffairsOffice of Environment and Safety
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lemer, A C
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 775 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Economic factors; Environmental impacts; Guidelines; Guideways; Inspection; Manuals; Mixing plants; Policy; Public transit; Regulations; Socioeconomic factors; Sociology; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Batch plant inspection; Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Law; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00199070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/P-79/00/001 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-80042
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1981 12:00AM