AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 5: EVALUATION MODELS
The objective of the Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) Guideway and Station Technology Project is to develop guideway, station and weather protection concepts that will improve performance and reduce the cost and implementation time associated with AGT systems. Evaluation models are presented herein which set forth methodologies for the development and evaluation of guideways and stations for AGT systems. The models include concept development and evaluation methodologies for both guideways and stations, a cost model, and an implementation time model. The concept development methodology outlines a step-by-step procedure and describes the work involved in developing guideway and station concepts. This methodology is interwoven with the evaluation methodology so that concepts can be evaluated. The evaluation methodology includes the establishment of evaluation measures and goals including cost and time and a procedure for evaluating concepts in both the schematic design stage and the preliminary design stage. A computerized life-cycle cost model is included to calculate annual costs for capital and operations and maintenance, including power consumption. The cost model includes default values, which can be used by entering a description of the guideway and stations, to obtain an estimate of investment cost by line item and overall annual costs. The implementation time model is presented in the form of bar graphs and network diagrams. Estimates of the time range are presented for each of the eleven major activities involved in implementing guideways and stations. These activities range from predesign planning through acceptance of the work.
- See also Volume 4, PB-295613. Prepared in cooperation with ABAM Engineers, Inc., Tacoma, WA., and General Research Corp., Santa Barbara, CA.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
ABAM Engineers, Incorporated33301 Ninth Avenue, South
Federal Way, WA United States 98003-6395
General Research CorporationOperations Analysis Division, Westgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 269 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Computer programs; Construction; Costs; Design; Guidelines; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Life cycle costing; Passenger terminals; Passenger vehicles; Railroad stations; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Cost analysis; Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Guideway design; Mechanical guides; Passenger stations
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00199067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0152-79-4Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM