SELF-SYNCHRONOUS PROPULSION SYSTEM FOR RAPID TRANSIT RAILCARS - ADVANCED SUBSYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. VOLUME I: PROGRAM SYNOPSIS
The objective of the overall Advanced Subsystem Development Program (ASDP) was to develop advanced subsystems suitable for application in existing or future transit cars. This report, Volume I, summarizes the content of Volume II, and follows essentially the same outline. Volume II discusses the program technical effort, program scope, objectives, and background; summarizes the design and testing efforts and problem areas; contains conclusions and recommendations; discusses system functional characteristics, train performance characteristics, major component design, interfaces, and product assurance; covers developmental, major component and system level testing; contains a description of the changes made during system testing; discusses the status of the final configuration; and addresses unresolved problems.
- Record URL:
- See also RRIS 04 199049; Bulletin 8001. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E12, PB-298 769-SET.
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI United States 48090
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Brakes; Computer programming; Electric automobiles; Electric controllers; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Electric vehicles; Maintainability; Motors; Performance tests; Propulsion; Quality assurance; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Synchronous motors; Traction; Train operations; Vehicle power plants
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00199050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R78-14-VOL-1 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-79-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1981 12:00AM