FORECASTS OF FREIGHT SYSTEM DEMAND AND RELATED RESEARCH NEEDS
The committee identified the need to improve the forecasting of demand for freight movement as a particularly pressing issue. The workshop brought together 120 participants who represented a broad range of active interests in freight movement and forecasting. The presentations and discussions of the plenary session were organized under the following headings: (1) Aggregate and Major Freight Category Demand Estimation; (2) Transportation Modeling and Freight Demand Trends; and (3) Corporate Planning--Major Freight Category Trends in Shipment of Manufactured and Bulk Commodities.
- Proceedings of a Workshop Held at Washington, DC. on June 12-13, 1978.
National Research CouncilCommittee on Transportation, 1201 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Commodities; Competition; Demand; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Meetings; Motor carriers; Planning; Railroad transportation; Research; Shipping; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation modes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00199008
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-RSPA/DPB/50-7920
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-70001
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1980 12:00AM