WEIGHT STUDY - 1978 CHRYSLER OMNI
The study covers the results of a weight study on a standard 1978 4-door hatchback Chrysler Omni. All components were disassembled, weighed, photographed, analyzed for material and the manufacturing process determined. The objective of the study was to develop baseline data on automobile material usage, structural design and weights for use in future studies relative to improvements in fuel economy for the automobiles of the 1980's.
- Prepared by Pioneer Engineering and Mfg. Co., Inc., Warren, MI.
Corporate-Tech Planning, Incorporated275 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA United States 02154
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI United States 48091
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ludtke, N F
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 244 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Base lines; Components; Fuel consumption; Manufacturing; Materials; Structural design; Weight; Weight measurement
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00199007
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-720 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01789
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1980 12:00AM