A COMMUNICATIONS TRADE-OFF STUDY FOR COMPUTERIZED TRAFFIC CONTROL. VOLUME 2. APPENDIXES
The goal of this study is to provide information that will be useful in reducing costs of future computerized urban traffic control systems. The final report provides such information in the form of tutorial and reference material, cost computation procedures, and an example of a communication subsystem specification. The report consists of two volumes, the main text in Volume 1 and appendixes in Volume 2. The appendixes in Volume 2 provide detailed information on various topics relevant to material contained in Volume 1. Topics discussed include the following: Vehicle detector data communications; Multiplexing and modulation; Error detection and correction; Reliability and availability; Characteristics of existing computerized traffic control systems; User owned wire pair communication; Leased line communications; Coax cable communications; Air path optical communications; Fiber optics communications; Radio communication; Power line communication techniques.
- See also Volume 1, PB-298843.
Sperry Rand CorporationSperry Systems Management Division
Great Neck, NY United States 11020
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Scott, J
- Gordon, R
- Soicher, B
- Dudek, J
- Kroeger, R
- Publication Date: 1978-11-22
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Coaxial cables; Communication systems; Computer programs; Costs; Data communications; Errors; Highway traffic control; Multiplexing; Radio; Reliability; Systems engineering; Telecommunications; Traffic control; Urban areas; Vehicle detectors
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00199006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 86 Final Rpt., GF-3704-1060-VOL-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9275
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1980 12:00AM