HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT STUDY OF THE SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
An interdisciplinary research team of the Human Resources Center comprehensively investigated the existing and projected human resource development needs of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA). The objectives were to: (1) assist in determining the human resources development organizational needs of SEPTA; (2) identify the objectives to be met through human resource development training; (3) determine the organizational resources and constraints to meet identified needs; (4) develop alternatives to accomplish human resource training objectives; (5) develop a plan to implement a human resource development system; and (6) structure a human resource development evaluation model. The recommendations of the study are discussed and analyzed in the report.
- See also PB-298161.
Wharton SchoolHuman Resources Center
Philadelphia, PA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Deployment; Education and training; Evaluation; Human factors; Job analysis; Job satisfaction; Jobs; Labor relations; Management; Mathematical models; Modernization; Organization; Personnel development; Personnel management; Productivity; Quality of work; Resource development; Selection and appointment; Training; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Occupational mobility
- Old TRIS Terms: Industrial training; Management training; Organization theory; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00198995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0073-79-2Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1981 12:00AM