INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON APPROPRIATE INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY, HELD AT NEW DELHI/ANAND, INDIA ON NOVEMBER 20-30, 1978. APPROPRIATE RURAL TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
The document addresses the need for the design and manufacture of alternative and appropriate modes of transport, both non-motorized and motorized, specifically to meet rural requirements. The technological alternatives considered are human portage; handcarts, wheel barrows etc.; muscle-powered and pedal-driven vehicles; animal-powered transport; motorized rural transport; and boats and outboard engines. A program of action is offered for the development of alternatives.
- Report of Working Group No. 12, Appropriate Technology for Rural Transport. Sponsored in part by Agency for International Development, Washington, DC.
United NationsIndustrial Development Organization, Lerchenfelder Strasse 1
1070 Vienna, Austria
U.S. Agency for International DevelopmentRonald Reagan Building
Washington, DC United States 20523-1000
- Publication Date: 1978-10-16
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Design; Developing countries; Facilities; Freight transportation; Mode S; Needs assessment; Passenger transportation; Rural areas; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198955
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM