EFFECT OF FARE AND TRAVEL TIME ON THE DEMAND FOR DOMESTIC AIR TRANSPORTATION
An econometric travel demand model was presented. The model was used for analyzing long haul domestic passenger markets in the United States. The results showed the sensitivities of demand to changes in fares and speed reflecting technology through more efficient aircraft designs.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyFlight Transportation Laboratory
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- ERIKSEN, S E
- Liu, E W
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Costs; Demand; Econometrics; Fares; Markets; Mathematical models; Systems analysis; Time; Travel demand; Vehicle design; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Passenger demand
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Economics; Finance; Passenger Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-159072 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-15268
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM