INFLIGHT FUEL TANK TEMPERATURE SURVEY DATA
Statistical summaries of the fuel and air temperature data for twelve different routes and for different aircraft models (B747, B707, DC-10 and DC-8), are given. The minimum fuel, total air and static air temperature expected for a 0.3% probability were summarized in table form. Minimum fuel temperature extremes agreed with calculated predictions and the minimum fuel temperatrue did not necessarily equal the minimum total air temperature even for extreme weather, long range flights.
Boeing CompanyP.O. Box 3707, Commercial Airplane Group
Seattle, WA United States 98124
- Pasion, A J
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Flight; Fuel tanks; Statistical analysis; Structural models; Temperature
- Identifier Terms: Boeing 707 aircraft; Boeing 747 aircraft; McDonnell Douglas aircraft; McDonnell Douglas DC-10; McDonnell Douglas DC-8
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft models
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-159569 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS3-20815
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM