DRAG REDUCING FLUIDS (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Drag reducing and non-Newtonian fluids, along with some studies on elastohydrodynamics, are researched. Theory, chemical formulations, test procedures, and applications are included. (This updated bibliography contains 273 abstracts, 26 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 281 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Antifriction bearings; Bibliographies; Boundary layer; Drag; Dynamic modulus of elasticity; Elastic deformation; Flow; Hulls; Hydrodynamic pressure; Hydrodynamics; Marine engineering; Mathematical models; Nonnewtonian flow; Pipe flow; Polymers; Shear properties; Streamflow; Texture; Theory; Thermal properties; Turbulence; Viscosity; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Elastodynamic analysis; Injection; Model tests; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Hydrodynamic forces; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00198846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM