BIRD STRIKES AND AVIATION SAFETY (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Hazards to aircraft created by engine ingestion or airplane interception of birds are investigated in these Government-sponsored research reports. Bird damage assessment, structural strengthening, windshield design, and bird tracking and dispersal methods are studied.
- Supercedes NTIS/PS-78/0694.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Aircraft; Aviation; Aviation safety; Bibliographies; Bird strikes; Birds; Crash injury research; Crashes; Engines; Hazards; Migration; Radar tracking; Research; Safety; Shock (Mechanics); Shock resistance; Tracking systems; Windows (Vehicles)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Impact strength; Tracking
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft windows; Impact shock; Ingestion engines
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM