LIQUID FUELS FROM RENEWABLE RESOURCES: FEASIBILITY STUDY. VOLUME A. DEMAND STUDIES
The first chapter outlines the unique features of the liquid fuels market within the overall energy scene, the problems created by anticipated petroleum shortages and price escalation during 1985 to 2025 time period, and general policy options available to meet these problems. The next chapter contains an overview of alcohol fuel versatility and reviews the international options for new liquid fuels. In other areas of this study, the reasons why alcohols represent the only significant liquid fuel that might be produced from Canada's renewable resources are outlined. The third chapter outlines potential end uses for alcohol fuels and estimates the values that alcohols could command in such uses. The chapter concludes with an examination of the potential demand for alcohols from renewable resources at different prices by region in Canada from 1985 until the year 2025. Additional, extensive evaluations are made in the appendices entitled: Overview of General Alcohol Fuel and Chemical Properties--Comparisons with Petroleum Liquids; Overview of Fuel and Engine Trends--Implications for Refinery Practices; Alcohol-Gasoline Blends--Applications in ICE's; Alcohol-Diesel Fuel Blends--Appliations in ICE's; End Uses of Methanol as an Alternate Fuel from Non-Petroleum Sources--Estimated Cost of Emulsifying System in New Cars; Straight Alcohol Fuel Applications--Transportation Sector; Alcohol Applications in Boilers, Furnaces, Process Heating; Alcohol Applications in Gas Turbines; Alcohol Use in Fuel Cells; Other Alcohol End Uses; Alcohol Distribution and Storage; and Illustrative Transport Sector Options for Alcohol Fuel Use.
- U.S. Sales Only.
InterGroup Consulting Economists LimitedWinnipeg, MB Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 268 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Blends; Boilers; Demand; Economic analysis; Economics; Ethanol; Feasibility analysis; Forecasting; Fuel cells; Fuels; Furnaces; Gas turbines; Handling and storage; Hydrogen; Internal combustion engines; International; Liquid fuels; Market research; Markets; Methanol; Petroleum; Renewable energy sources; Storage facilities; Supply; Synthetic fuels; Tables (Data); Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage; Tables; Transportation sector
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198834
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM