AEROPROPULSION SYSTEMS TEST FACILITY RAKE CALIBRATION TEST IN TUNNEL A
A pressure test was conducted in the VKF Tunnel A to obtain calibration data on the APTU Free-Jet Nozzle Calibration Rake. The test covered the supersonic Mach number range of 1.76, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0, nominally, at a free-stream unit Reynolds number of 5.0 million per foot. The angle-of-attack range was -6 to +6 deg with typical roll angles of 0 and -90 deg. Model flow-field Schlieren photographs were obtained at all Mach numbers of 0 deg and positive angles-of-attack. (Author)
- Prepared in cooperation with ARO, Inc., Tullahoma, TN.
Arnold Air Force Engineering Development CenterArnold Air Force Station
Tullahoma, TN United States 37389
- Crosby, W A
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Angle of attack; Calibration; Flow; Flow fields; Jet engines; Jet propelled aircraft; Nozzles; Pitot tubes; Pressure; Propulsion; Supersonic flow; Vehicle power plants; Wind tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Jet flow; Rake angles; Schlieren photography
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198794
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEDC-TSR-78-V49 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM