OCCUPANT RESTRAINT LEGISLATION HANDBOOK: A GUIDE FOR PROPONENTS
The document is intended to serve as a working guide to individuals and organizations involved in efforts to gain legislative approval of general safety belt usage laws or child restraint laws. The information contained in this handbook falls into two categories: (1) Information and data to support arguments on behalf of occupant restraint legislation and to overcome the objections and reservations of non-supporters; and (2) Strategies, tactics, and methods for communicating the above data to state legislators, traffic safety officials, police officials, media representatives, and others. The focus of the manual is on developing effective state-level campaigns to obtain passage of occupant restraint laws. Accordingly, the handbook is designed for a variety of potential users, including state legislators, state traffic safety officials, and members of the general public.
- Record URL:
- See also PB-298462.
Teknekron, Incorporated1483 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA United States 22101
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wilson, W B
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 137 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Automobiles; Child restraint systems; Children; Education; Guidelines; Handbooks; Information management; Information organization; Laws; Legislation; Manual safety belts; Manuals; Mass media; Police; Protection; Restraint systems; Traffic safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Media; Occupant restraint
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00198764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-780 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01644
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM