PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS FOR STANDARD CONCRETE TIES AND FASTENINGS FOR TRANSIT TRACK
These revised specifications cover requirements for component materials, manufacturing procedures, and handling of mono-block and two-block concrete (prestressed) cross ties, pads, and insulators for rapid transit use. It also includes requirements for rail fastenings for securing running rails, and the inserts for anchoring both the rail fastenings and the traction power contact rail support bracket. These specifications are preliminary and will be modified, as necessary, on the basis of in-track tests. This report includes Appendix A: "Details of Concrete Ties", Appendix B: "Report of New Technology", and a Listing of References.
Skokie, IL USA 60077
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hanna, A N
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Concrete; Concrete ties; Fasteners; Mechanical tests; Portland cement; Prestressed concrete; Prestressed concrete ties; Prestressing; Quality control; Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Specifications; Steel; Third rail; Tie pads
- Old TRIS Terms: Insulated rail; Prestressing steels; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79/17 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1442
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM