STATE AND LOCAL TRANSPORTATION POLICIES AND PROGRAMS
The report considers transportation institutions, programs, and policies from an intergovernmental perspective. It includes: an inspection of pertinent Federal legislation and programs; an analysis of state and local institutions responsible for transportation, including state departments of transportation, modal transportation agencies, state regulatory bodies, local governmental and quasigovernmental bodies; a discussion of state and local transportation programs; an overview of transportation policies and policy issues of concern to state and local governments; and a discussion of major conflicts engendered by present approaches to the provision of transportation at the state and local level.
National Transportation Policy Study Commission2000 M Street, NW, Suite 3000
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Conflict (Psychology); Federal government; Government funding; Highways; Intergovernmental relations; Legislation; Local government; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Policy making; Ports; Project management; Railroads; Regulations; State departments of transportation; State government; Subsidies; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; National transportation policies; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198706
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPSC/SR-79/04 Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM