RURAL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES: IMPROVING TRANSPORTATION IN RURAL AMERICA
The report outlines ways in which transportation in rural America can be improved. Items discussed include social service and public transportation, commuter air service, railroad branchline rehabilitation, and ridesharing. These improvements in rural transportation are designed to help rural and small town residents overcome the problems of isolation, gain full access to essential human services, and meet the transportation requirements of healthy, growing economies.
Executive Office of the PresidentOffice of Science and Technology
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Communities; Commuting; Driver rehabilitation; Mobility; Public transit; Railroads; Ridesharing; Rural areas; Service agencies; Social service; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM