NOSE PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION AND SEPARATION ON AN INCLINED AIXSYMMETRIC BODY
When a body of revolution is inclined to a small angle of attack, a large region of separated flow occurs on the leeward side of the body. The effect of this viscous phenomenon on the surface pressure distribution of a hemispherical nose with a cylindrical afterbody is examined.
- Prepared in cooperation with Illinois University, Urbana. Revision of report dated 24 August 1972. Also available in AIAA Journal, V11 N1, pp 125-126, Jan 1973.
Catholic University of America620 Michigan Avenue, NE
Washington, DC United States 20064
- Smith, R A
- Evbouma, S N
- Publication Date: 1972-9-20
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Boundary layer; Boundary layer separation; Pressure
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Boundary layer theory
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00044712
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-68A-0506-0001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM