REGIONAL GRAIN COOPERATIVES, 1976 AND 1977
This report reflects 1976 and 1977 fiscal year operations of 14 primary regional and 4 interregional grain cooperatives. The 18 cooperatives represent about 97 percent of total grain volume of all regional cooperatives. Grain volume for the 14 primary regional grain cooperatives and 4 interregionals totaled a net of 1.9 billion bushels in fiscal 1976 and 1.8 billion in 1977 compared to 1.6 billion bushels in 1974. Corn was the leading grain handled by the 18 regionals--totaling 695 million bushels followed closely by wheat with 571 million bushels. Together corn and wheat comprised 68 percent of regionals' volume. The 18 regionals disposed of their grain in fiscal 1977 by processing 8 percent in their own plants, selling 35 percent to domestic outlets, and shipping 57 percent to ports for export. Export volume in fiscal 1976 and 1977 was slightly over 1.0 billion bushels.
Department of AgricultureEconomics, Statistics and Cooperative Service, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20250
- Thurston, S K
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Agricultural economics; Agricultural products; Corn; Exports; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Grain; Grain elevators; Handling and storage; Intermodal terminals; International trade; Marketing; Physical distribution; Sales; Soybeans; Storage facilities; Traffic; Traffic forecasting; Traffic managers; Volume; Wheat
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade; Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Agricultural traffic; Cargo transportation; Processing; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00198631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FCRR-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM