REVISIONS TO EMISSION FACTORS FOR AP-42 ORGANIC SOURCE CATEGORIES
This document contains the text, as revised or originally written, of several sections prepared for inclusion in AP-42, 'Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors.' Each section, or chapter of this document, includes: a description of the process, a process flow diagram, a characterization of the emissions, a discussion of applicable control options, and a quantification of the process's emissions, usually in the form of emission factors. The source categories included herein are: solvent degreasing (or cleaning); transportation and marketing of petroleum liquids (gasoline trucks in transit); industrial surface coating including coil, can, wire, automobile, light-duty truck, large appliance, metal furniture, miscellaneous metal parts and products, flat wood interior panel, paper, and fabric coating; waste solvent reclamation; cleaning of rail tank cars, tank trucks, and drums; and asphaltic concrete plants (hot-mix asphalt). For each section, the background document which discusses the derivation and source of emission information is also included.
Pacific Environmental Services, Incorporated1930 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA USA 90405
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC USA 27709
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Asphalt; Cleaning; Coatings; Commodities; Concrete; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Industrial wastes; Metal coatings; Organic compounds; Petroleum products; Pollutants; Solvents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Degreasing
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198627
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/3-78/108 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-2583
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM