CONSTRUCTION, INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE OF MINE HAULAGE TRACK, VOLUME 2. GUIDELINES
Track in underground bituminous coal mines was investigated, and technology was taken from other industries to obtain information on conditions that impair the safety and efficiency of the track and to develop guidelines and useful information on the construction, inspection and maintenance of mine track. Volume 2 contains recommended standards and practices for mine track. It includes the relation of track conditions to safe speeds; descriptions and limits for measurable track features such as gage; descriptions of conditions for track components that are normally not measurable, such as subbase soils; construction requirements and techniques, inspection requirements, and methods; and methods for managing and performing track maintenance work.
- See also RRIS 01 198616; Bulletin 8001. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E09, PB-295 552-SET.
ENSCO, IncorporatedTransportation and Instrumentation Sciences
Alexandria, VA USA 22303
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC USA 20241
- Cunney, E G
- Rudd, T J
- Kauffman, P W
- Publication Date: 1977-11-30
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal mines; Coal mining; Design; Gage (Rails); Inspection; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance management; Maintenance of way; Mine haulage; Railroad safety; Railroad tracks; Speed limits; Standards; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements); Tools; Vision
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Track gauge; Track inspection; Track safety standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198618
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BUMINES-OFR-49(2)-79Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: H0166048
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM