INVESTIGATION OF THE REQUESTED ALTERNATE DYNAMOMETER POWER ABSORPTION FOR THE FORD FIESTA
Concern about the EPA fuel economy measurements has focused greater attention on the dynamometer and the dynamometer adjustment. Specifically the alternate procedures for determining the dynamometer power absorption to simulate the vehicle road experience affords an opportunity for both greater precision and possible abuse. Because of the possibility for abuse it was decided to occasionally check the appropriateness of the alternate dynamometer power absorptions requested by vehicle manufacturers. The question of the representativeness of the requested dynamometer power absorption for the Ford Fiesta was first raised during the summer of 1977. This report collects and summarizes the pertinent available data which have been generated by the EPA Emission Control Technology Division, the EPA Certification Division, and by Ford Motor Company.
Environmental Protection AgencyStandards Development & Support Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Thompson, G D
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Absorption; Air pollution; Air quality management; Automobile industry; Automobiles; Calibration; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Power output
- Old TRIS Terms: Power measurement; Power measurements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: LDTP-78-07 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM