EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON AERODYNAMICS OF TRAINS TRAVELING AT HIGH SPEEDS
ETUDES EXPERIMENTALES SUR L'AERODYNAMIQUE DES TRAINS CIRCULANT A GRANDE VITESSE
The aerodynamics of high speed trains, particularly for different traffic flow patterns at crossings, in tunnels, or in open were studied. Results show the steady and unsteady pressure forces on walls, the stresses on bodies in proximity to the train path, and pressure fluctuations in tunnels. Some of the results are verified by calculations involving a theoretical model.
- Conf-Presented at the 14TH Colloq. D'Aerodyn. Appl., Toulouse, 7-9 Nov. 1977.
Paris University, OrsayLaboratoire d'Informatique pour Mechan et Sci de l'Ingenieur
- Martin, P
- Coulmy, G
- Luu, T S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Drag; Environmental quality; Ground vehicles; High speed ground transportation; High speed rail; High speed vehicles; Pressure; Pressure waves; Prototype tests; Railroad facilities; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Speed; Technology; Tunnels; Wakes; Wave motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Geographic Terms: France
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic characteristics; Aerodynamic configurations; Aerodynamic effects; Compressibility effects; Pressure oscillations; Rapid transit systems; Surface vehicles; Tunnel environment; Wayside
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198526
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAAF-NT-78-21, ISBN-2-7170-0506-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM