NONLINEAR TRANSIENT ANALYSIS VIA ENERGY MINIMIZATION
The formulation basis for nonlinear transient analysis of finite element models of structures using energy minimization is provided. Geometric and material nonlinearities are included. The development is restricted to simple one and two dimensional finite elements which are regarded as being the basic elements for modeling full aircraft-like structures under crash conditions. The results indicate the effectiveness of the technique as a viable tool for this purpose.
- Backup Document for AIAA Journal in August 1979.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
- Kamat, M P
- Knight, NFJ
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airframes; Analysis; Crashes; Differential equations; Dislocation (Geology); Energy; Finite element method; Functions (Mathematics); Mathematical models; Matrices (Mathematics); Nonlinear systems; Optimization; Potential theory; Simulation; Structural analysis; Transient analyzers; Transients
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transient response
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy methods
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198524
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-158494
- Contract Numbers: NGR-47-004-014
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM