THE IMPACT OF CHANGING TECHNOLOGY ON THE DEMAND FOR AIR TRANSPORTATION
Demand models for air transportation that are sensitive to the impact of changing technology were developed. The models are responsive to potential changes in technology, and to changing economic, social, and political factors as well. In addition to anticipating the wide differences in the factors influencing the demand for long haul and short haul air travel, the models were designed to clearly distinguish among the unique features of these markets.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- KNEAFSEY, J T
- Taneja, N K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Demand; Econometrics; Economic factors; Haul distance; Market research; Mathematical models; Politics; Short haul; Social factors; Socioeconomic factors; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Long haul
- Old TRIS Terms: Demands models
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-152191 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSG-2129
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM