PHYSICAL PROTECTION OF SHIPMENTS OF IRRADIATED REACTOR FUEL; INTERIM GUIDANCE
During May 1979 the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission approved for issuance in effective form new interim regulations for strengthening the protection of spent fuel shipments against sabotage and diversion. The new regulations will likely continue in force until the completion of an ongoing research program concerning the response of spent fuel to certain forms of sabotage. At that time the regulations may be rescinded, modified, or made permanent, as appropriate. This report discusses the new regulations and provides a basis on which licensees can develop an acceptable interim program for the protection of spent fuel shipments.
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionDivision of Safeguards
Washington, DC USA 20555
- Kasun, D J
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Nuclear fuels; Protection; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Regulations; Sabotage; Safety; Security; Standards; Vandalism
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00198506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM