HIGHWAY RAMP CONTROL (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography contains citations of reports on ramp design, merging control, ramp metering, and ramp use. Studies are documented of freeway collector lanes, exits into city streets, traffic bottlenecks, express bus lanes, vehicle collisions, road curves, freeway entry control--all involving ramp engineering. Computerized simulations and freeway corridor models are presented, along with traffic models, ramp control strategies, optimization procedures, and studies of freeway traffic flow. A few cases in which accident incidence has been linked to faulty ramp design, thereby calling for improved vehicle monitoring has been included.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Access roads; Automobiles; Bibliographies; Bottlenecks; Bus priority; Buses; Computer programming; Crash causes; Expressways; Freeways; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Highway traffic control; Highways; Mathematical models; Merging traffic; Microcomputers; Optimization; Ramps; Simulation; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic flow; Traffic lanes; Traffic signals; Traffic simulation; Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved lanes; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00198488
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM