PROCEEDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP ON COMMUNITY ENERGY CONSERVATION: UNITED STATES AND SWEDEN
A two-day workshop for 35 US and Swedish experts on energy conservation and community planning was held to evaluate patterns of energy use in two US and Swedish towns and to recommend to the International Energy Agency a joint research agenda on community energy conservation. The workshop topics included: energy consumption as related to quality of life; energy conservation through local government planning policies; mechanisms for community-wide energy management; effects of building codes on energy savings; and the development of a uniform system of accounts for the international exchange of energy-consumption information. Eleven recommendations are made for community energy conservation research studies of items such as land-use planning, district heating, transportation systems, building codes, and community-wide energy management.
- Workshop on Community Energy Conservation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 24 April 1978.
Minnesota Energy Agency740 American Center Building, 160 East Kellogg Boulevard
St Paul, MN United States 55101
American Society of Photogrammetry105 North Virginia Avenue
Falls Church, VA United States 22046
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Building codes; City planning; Communities; Conferences; Dissipation; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Heating; Information dissemination; International compacts; Land use planning; Local government; Meetings; Policy; Research projects; Transportation; Workshops
- Identifier Terms: International Energy Agency
- Uncontrolled Terms: District heating; Research programs; Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: Sweden; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy accounting; Energy management
- Subject Areas: Energy; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00198433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1980 12:00AM