COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ALCOHOL HIGHWAY SAFETY JUDICIAL STANDARDS AND EXISTING PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS. VOLUME I: TECHNICAL REPORT
The contract required an examination of all existing professional standards and model codes which in some way related to the processing of drinking-driving cases through the courts. The objective was to determine whether existing professional standards and codes adequately and appropriately respond to the realities of drinking-driving case processing and, if not, to recommend what might be done. A technical analysis and comparison of existing standards and codes was prepared by American Bar Foundation staff. A 13-member Study Team, consisting primarily of representatives of standards-producing national organizations, met several times throughout the course of the contract to monitor the creation of the technical analysis, assess the adequacy of existing standards in view of real-world needs, plan and conduct a Conference on National Standards for Drinking-Driving Cases (held in Chicago on October 13-14, 1978), and prepare recommendations for future activity in the area of development of standards and codes.
- See also Volume 2, PB-297955. Prepared in cooperation with the American Bar Association, Fund for Public Education.
Indiana University, BloomingtonInstitute for Research in Public Safety
Bloomington, IN USA 47401
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Scrimgeour, G J
- Palmer, J A
- Edwards, H L
- Goldspiel, S
- Logan, A B
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Coding systems; Courts; Diagrams; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Highway safety; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Laws; Standards; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Schematic diagrams
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00198303
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-128 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01625
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM