COST EVALUATION FOR FOUR FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS. TASK VI: ADDITIONAL BUMPERS, FMVSS 215 - EXTERIOR PROTECTION
Seventeen additional bumper systems were required to be analyzed for consumer cost based on the 1979 Model Production Year Economics and 1978 Model Production Year Volume. Cost analysis was performed as described in the basic contract introduction. Detailed cost data and photographs are included for all systems. The Tayco (Design) was a design cost estimate of a front bumper system only.
- See also PB-293 316.
De Lorean (John Z) CorporationResearch and Engineering Division
Bloomfield Hills, MI United States 48013
Washington, DC United States 20590
- HARVEY, M R
- Eckel, C
- COWAN, D
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bumpers; Cost estimating; Costs; Design; Estimates; Motor vehicles; Photographs; Standards; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00198290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-873 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01767
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM