THE ATLANTA RESEARCH CHAMBER; APPLIED RESEARCH FOR TUNNELS: BLASTING TECHNIQUES, CONVENTIONAL SHOTCRETE, STEEL-FIBER-REINFORCED SHOTCRETE. MONOGRAPHS ON THE STATE-OF-THE-ART OF TUNNELING
This report describes the construction of the Atlanta Research Chamber and the research conducted in it. In addition, 24 monographs on the state-of-the-art of modern tunnel practice are included. The Atlanta Research Chamber was conceived as a team effort of 18 individuals from twelve engineering firms in the United States, Canada, and Austria to combine their special expertise to study various aspects of tunnel support system in hard rock. It was primarily a practical effort by practical engineers, attempting to develop useful tools for tunnel designers and builders. Later, the team was expanded, and a number of team members were asked to write monographs on modern tunnel practice. All have practical application, and by being gathered together in one volume, may serve to promote the common goal, which is to construct underground space economically and safely. To balance these predominately technical monographs, new team members were recruited to write monographs representing owners, contractors, labor, legal aspects, insurance, overseas practice, and additional technical ideas.
Lloyd's of London Press817 Broadway
New York, NY USA 10003
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Rose, D C
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 361 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Construction; Contractors; Excavation and tunneling; Excavations; Explosive excavation; Fiber reinforced concrete; Geophysical prospecting; Insurance; Labor unions; Legal factors; Metal fibers; Presplitting (Blasting); Rapid transit; Reinforced concrete; Reinforcement (Engineering); Rockbolts; Shotcrete; State of the art studies; Structural design; Subways; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Identifier Terms: Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Geographic Terms: Georgia
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete tunnel liners; Geophysical surveys; Rapid transit railways; Subway construction; Underground; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Law; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00198284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-GA-06-0007-79-1Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 29 2003 12:00AM